Buddhist teachings are so gentle and true, I’ve really been enjoying listening to all type of Buddhist books over the last 12 months. My favourite by far is ‘Buddism for Mothers’ by Sarah Napthali, this book has been on my shelf for years.
The audio is so much easier to fit into life and I’m listening to it for a second time, even just 10min at a time allows my mind chatter to settle. The narrator is very easy to listen too and the author is an Australian Mum, and Buddhist teachings are not forceful in anyway.
Yesterday was about ‘The First Noble Truth of Suffering’ it was beautiful as odd as it sounds but it allowed me to feel much more as ease with life and its parts that are making me feel uncomfortable. Basically, its OK it is just ‘Suffering’, labeling it has allowed me to accept it more and every life contains it on all kinds of levels from sick and dying souls, to modern life frustrations in our careers or our home.
My heart feels for so many people close to my heart that are suffering in a way that I can do little about, to ease their suffering even just a little would be a blessing, but I need to remember this truth and just offer what I can at times that feel right because
Life contain unpleasant, unavoidable suffering
Since I've started listening to this book more I have allowed more space in my life to meditate usually only 5-10 min at a time and sometimes with a little person snuggled up right next to me. I have a few favourites linked below and just by finding what I like so just google or you tube and give some a try.
- I am Light (a beautiful song to meditate with or listen too in the car)
- I’m Fine This Way (another great song to accept the mind chatter and judgement we put on ourselves).
- Buddhist Music (I found this you tube music while in Thailand and I love it, maybe it reminds me of being on holidays. It is long but after the first 10min there is a pause and I usually stop there.)
- Koshi Chimes Music (I love the sound of Koshi chimes which are harmonically tunned and can cleanse energy of people and environments beautifully. I have the real chimes that we often use when putting kids to bed, but this track gets a workout if they need longer to settle before sleep or if we are away from home).
- Melissa Ambrosini Meditations (they do cost but I really enjoy them, I have about 4 and all are 10 min)