60g Almond meal
40g Cacao Powder
40g Sunflower or Seasame Seeds
60g Natural Peanut / Nut Butter / Coconut Butter
OR 30g Nut Butter and 30g Coconut oil
OR 30g Coconut oil
50g Rice malt syrup (or other natural sweetener, but will not be very low carb if you use honey or maple syrup)
2-3 Tbs Water
Roll in coconut or sesame seeds.
- 3 drops of essential oils like wild orange or peppermint
- 1-2 tsp spices like cinnamon, cardamom or nutmeg
- 2 Tbs Cacao Nibs - adds a nice crunch
- Mix all ingredients together with a spoon or in a blender/food processor.
- The mixture should hold together in balls, if not add a little more water.
- It is best to roll with damp/slightly wet hands, allows the coating to stick better if using and stops the mixture sticking to your hands.
- Roll into balls and coat in coconut or sesame seeds if you wish.
- Store in the fridge for a wonderfully sustaining snack with a cuppa or as you run out the door.