- 2 Onions, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 80g Olive Oil
- 2 Eggplants, cubed
- 400g tin of Diced Tomatoes or Passata
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Saute Onion and Garlic in 40g of Olive Oil. (Thermomix - chop onion and garlic for 3 sec on speed 7, then saute for 4 min at 100 Deg on Speed 1.)
- Add Eggplant and 40g Olive Oil, saute for 4 min. (Thermomix - 100 Deg reverse speed 1, note all of the eggplant may not fit, if not add remainder at 2min mark as it will saute down, and may need some mixing with Spatula)
- Add Tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer to cook for 20 minutes (Thermomix - 100 Deg reverse speed 1.
- Serve with Meat, Vegetables or Eggs and ENJOY!!
Please Note - I have only made this in the thermomix, so the times may vary in a pan but I'm sure you cannot go wrong. Eggplant should be nice and soft but still hold its shape once it is cooked.