- spices like cinnamon and vanilla
- fresh fruit (great for those brown bananas)
The chocolate isn't a necessity, it tastes great without it. My children thought it was a real treat to have a little chocolate on top, my Mr X called it "Scribble Slice".
70g flaked coconut
60g brazil nuts
120g dried fruit
40g dried cranberries
60g raw cashews
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Line a 30 x 20 cm baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Blend coconut in food processor or thermomix (10 sec, speed 7). Set aside.
- Chop brazil nuts in food processor or thermomix ( 7 sec, speed 4). Set aside with coconut.
- Chop cashews and dried fruit in food processor (pulse 2-3 times) or thermomix (Turbo, 1 sec, 2-3 times). Set aside with coconut. Note - leave cranberries until the end if you would like them to remain whole.
- Mill almonds in food processor or thermomix (8 sec, speed 8).
- Add eggs and honey, mix until combined (5 sec, speed 4). Note - vary honey depending on desired sweetness.
- Add all other ingredients and mix (20sec, speed 3). Use a spatula to combine completely.
- Place mixture into prepared tin and use damp hands to press down firmly.
- Bake for 25-30 min, until golden.
- Place on a cooling rack to cool, then cut into the desired size snack and store in pantry/fridge/freezer.
Note - my typical combinations for
- dried fruit are 60g sultanas, 30g apricots, 10g goji berries, 20g rasins/dates.
- seeds are 40g each of sesame, sunflower and pumpkin.