- 200ml Water
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbs Ghee
- 1/2 Tbs Black Bean Powder (Or omit and substitute with own milk type and reduce water)
- 3-4 Changing Habits Cacao Melts (Or 1/2 Tbs Cacao Powder)
- 1 tsp Spice mix
Spice Mix - have this pre-made
- 1 Tbs Turmeric
- 2 Tbs Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbs Ground Cloves, Nutmeg, Ginger and Cardamon
- 1/4 Tbs Stevia
- A few Grinds of pepper (you cannot taste but helps the turmeric have more healing properties)
- Ensure Spice mix is pre-made, I usually double the mix. You may need to grind your own cloves.
- THERMOMIX - Place all ingredients in thermomix, mix at 70 Deg C on speed 2 for 3 minutes. Then mix at high speed for 20 sec, this helps give a nice foam on top.
- BLENDER/BULLET - When I'm not home I can usually use a non heating blender. Mix some room temp water and a small amount of boiling water to get a warm temperature, DO NOT make it too hot yet as the blender may not be made for boiling water. It just needs to be warm to melt the cacao melts and oils. Add all the remaining ingredients and then mix at high speed for 20 - 30 seconds. Pour into your mug and add more boiling water if you wish.
- Enjoy the smooth warm and comforting hot chocolate. My little Miss E gets most of the foam when she spots me drinking it.
- Add a short black coffee or a shot of cold pressed coffee
- Omit the cacao melts and you have a yummy golden milk drink, I usually add some cacao butter when I do this.
- If it isn't sweet enough add a little honey/maple syrup or dates.