These biscuits are a winner with everyone in our house, a wonderful substitute to the traditional Anzac biscuits.
2 cups almond meal
2 cups flaked almonds
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp bicarb soda
1/4 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 160 deg C. Line 2 trays or more trays with baking paper.
- Place top 3 ingredients in a bowl together.
- Warm honey and coconut oil on a low heat in a saucepan, then add bicarb soda and stir well to dissolve.
- Pour honey liquid and coconut milk into dry ingredients.
- Roll in small balls, place on tray and flatten slightly. Ensure to leave space to spread and rise.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden all over.
- They will be very soft when they come out, so cool on try for 5 minutes.
- If after 5 minutes they are still very soft and difficult to handle cook for another 5 minutes.
- After slightly cooled move to a cooling rack.
- Sit down and enjoy one with a cup of tea while its still warm.