- change herbs depending on season
- add extra salt and dulse flakes
- add small portion of almond pulp (from almond milk)
- broth instead of water to increase nutrients
Thank you to the beautiful Kim Morrison from Like Chocolate for Woman for this recipe, follow her on Instagram for other nourishing recipes and life moments.
1/2 cup Almond or Seed Meal
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 cup Sesame Seeds
1/2 cup Chia Seeds
2 cloves Garlic crushed
1 Tbs Basil chopped
2 drops Basil Oil
1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 150 deg C.
- Combine Meal and Seeds in a bowl (Dry Mixture).
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl and add to Dry Mixture.
- Mix and allow seeds to absorb some moisture for 10-15 minutes.
- Place baking paper for a tray on a bench and put half the mixture on the paper. Flatten a little with a spoon and place another piece of baking paper on top. Using a rolling pin flatten biscuits to your desired thickness. Remove top layer of baking paper and score biscuit shapes with a knife or pizza cutter. Slide baking paper onto a tray. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Remove from oven, flip biscuits over and bake for another 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely on tray.
- Store in a sealed container for 3-4 weeks.
Enjoy you beautiful rustic nutritious biscuits!! Please share what you think or any flavour combinations you have tried. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Jana xo